Thursday, November 5, 2009

::Working hard or Hardly working?::

Well, I have been working as a full time speech language therapist for about a month now and I love every minute of it. I am so glad that I was able to leave SelectHealth and start my new career. It is so nice to know that what I went to school for is actually what I really want to do. (breathing a sigh of relief now!)

I am loving working with the elementary kiddo's, they have such an energy about them and you can tell that they really want to be here and they really want to learn which is so great. They love coming to see me and they love working hard and showing me what they can do which is so great!

I spend about 90% of my time solely with elementary aged children and the other 10% is spent with JR High kids which is rough. The dynamic of JR High is so much different than elementary school. The JR High kids don't really want to come see me and once the do show up (if they show up) they just want to get out of my office as quickly as possible which I find weird because I am awesome! Oh well I guess that is where I will strive to be that much better as a therapist!

Between my 3 jobs and my family I have been so busy and a lot of the time feel so stressed out but I feel that it is a good stress and not a bad stress if that makes any sense! I will be starting a class next week to help me take my GRE test to get into graduate school and then the long hard process of applying to graduate school starts which I am not looking forward to but oh well I gotta do it. I just hope that it works out for me this year and I actually get in!

3 comments:

Katy said...

That sounds like such a great job for you. I bet the kids LOVE you. Good luck with the graduate school process I will keep my fingers croseed you get in

Jenna and Tyler said...

SO RANDOM that we work at the same school! I was so happy to see at least one face I know..even though I never see you! But I bet you are such a great speech therapist. I think a couple of my kids go to speech therapy..I wonder if you have any of them. Any way.. one of these days we will have to sit and chat during lunch or something! Congrats on the job!

Jana said...

I'm proud of you two - such hard workers and great parents. You're the best bonus mom ever !!