Monday, October 24, 2011

:: memories ::

i found these pictures on my fb and had to put them on here. these 3 girls were my first 'true' friends that i made. they were there for me during midnight cry fests over loser boy friends, they were there during popcorn movie nights, they were there during friends and baked potato evenings, and they were there to share my care packages with, but most importantly they were there to make the best memories i will ever have.

i moved to logan in 2001 knowing absolutely no one but myself. i moved into snow hall room 101 and soon met two of my very best friends that i am so grateful also moved knowing absolutely no one but themselves and one knowing only her sister.

it took about a day before shelli and i became fast friends and spent our 'freshman orientation' week together all the time ... my actual roommate was stef and shelli and i weren't so sure about her liking us but we made her come around very quickly.

as the three of us became the best of friends we went around our dorms introducing ourselves and meeting new people. during this process we met leslie who lived on floor two.

our lives have changed dramatically since 2001-2002, two of us left logan after 1 year and the other two stayed and partied it up logan style. we are all married now and two of them have the cutest families ever and the other two of us are slowly but surly working on the family process. i love these 3 ladies more than anything and i consider it an honor to have them in my life. we can go days, months, or years with out seeing each other or talking to each other but things never change and we always start up right where we left off.
dinner together about a year ago: leslie, me, stef, and shelli
in logan i believe very close the time the olympic torch came through: stef, mel (a new roommate spring 2002 whom we loved!), me, and shelli
shelli's birthday dinner (all my roommates and shelli - we adopted her like our own!)
the USU howl ... and yes we are so hott and did go tanning that same day! shelli, me, stef, and chelsea (my wonderful family best friend who came up for the fun)

thank you for the memories we made together and the best times of my life! i love you all and hope we can maintain the friendships we made in that one short year!

1 comment:

michellecluff said...

so i just got a whole slew of posts on my reader from you... how did i miss this???? and the eleventy-billion other posts from the past year? anyway, this seriously made me so so happy right now. i miss those days. and i miss you. i think it's time for our annual dinner and catch-up.

and...
congrats on graduating!!!! that is absolutely the greatest thing ever. yay for you!