Thursday, April 30, 2009

::Bryson's Love Letters::




Yes our little 7 year old Bryson has been getting love letters! He has actually had a girl friend named Brinley for about a month now. He used to say he loved her and she loved him, he even bought her a necklace when he went to the Grand Canyon. Well yesterday I pick him up and this is our conversation:
Bryson: "So I have a new girlfriend."

Me: "You do, What is her name?"

Bryson: "I actually don't know, I found her for my friend Nathan but I decided to keep her myself."

(at this point I am laughing and trying to explain that this poor girl is not a toy he found and just take back)

Me: "Well what about Brinley?"

Bryson: "I don't love her any more." (So simple I know)

Me: "Well does she know you don't love her any more?"

Bryson: "Yeah I told her today."

Me: "What did she say?"

Bryson: "She said that I hurt her feelings and it wasn't fair." (So sad, poor girl in first grade with her first heart break)

Me: "Well at least you were honest and told the truth I am proud of you. Now tomorrow I want you to find out your new girlfriend's name."

(A little time has passed and I notice dark spots on his shirt so of course I ask what that is)

Bryson: "Well, member I said I found her for Nathan and then took her back?"

Me: "Yeah" (question marks in my eyes)

Bryson: "Well, Nathan got mad that I took her back so he punched me, but it's ok I got to sit in the office until school got over and me and Nathan are still friends."

Me: "Ok, well I'm glad you are friends but no more fighting ok."

(This is the second fight he has gotten in this week over a girl, the first one was over Brinley and now this fight over the unnamed girl)
What to do What to do!!

No comments: