Tuesday, August 19, 2008

::Its only been 4 months::

So, on April 18, 2008 Jeremy, Bryson, and Myself moved into our very first home. It is a townhouse in West Jordan and we couldn't be happier. I am writing about this b/c it has been 4 months now and I finally feel like we got ourselves moved in and the boxes moved out.
In our spare bedroom we had a desk, hope chest, and millions and millions of boxes full of loads of crap ... well with Josh and Danni's visit last weekend we finally decided we had to get that room cleaned out so we got all the boxes cleared out and all the crap thrown away and finally went to Jeremy's mom's house for the mattress and his sister's for the bed frame. Well, this was an adventure ... the room is kinda small and the bed frame was SUPER huge so needless to say it didn't fit right and poor Josh and Danni had to sleep on the mattress on the floor. Well, we ventured into the DI and Furniture Warehouse on Saturday night and got the perfect small metal bedframe to get the mattress off the floor and finally that room is all set up and so pretty. well this put me in a mood to try to organize Bryson's room and to organize my closet (I know a lot to do but I knew I could do it!)

Well, I made Jeremy get a dresser for Bryson's room and I put all his clothes in there, I tried hanging them up in the closet to make his room seem bigger but all that did was clutter up the closet and there is a reason that people don't hang up kids clothes. Anywho, we got that in there and got his closet cleaned out and some toys thrown out (GASP!!! a 6 year old who was willing to give up some stuff ... I had to promise to buy new stuff) so his room looks so nice and clean for now.

I also got our SOOOOOOOOOOOO SMALL closet semi-organized (as much as I could do I did), I don't know why I didn't get the "before" pictures but I will be posting those "after" pics soon.

I can't believe we have lived on our own in our very first home for 4 months now, can't wait to see what happens in the future, who knows maybe all the rooms will go back to how they were before!

No comments: